Personal Data you provide us directly
General Information. When you sign up to use the App, we may collect Personal Data about you such as:
- Full name;
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- Password or passcode (in some cases);
- Place of residence and associated location information;
- ID (to prove your identity in certain cases).
Personal Data we may collect automatically
When you access or use the App, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Hardware model;
- Information about the operating system and its version;
- Unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA);
- Mobile network information;
- Device storage information.
- IP address;
- Time zone;
Information about your mobile service provider.
App usage data, including, among others:
- Frequency of use;
- Areas and features of our App you visit;
- Your use patterns generally;
- Engagement with particular features.
Information we may collect about you
In general, we don't collect personally identifiable information about you. We may collect personal information that can identify you in combination with other information, such as your name, phone, and e-mail address, and generally collect other information that does not identify you, like interesting places you've visited.
Information you provide. We may collect and store any information that you enter on the App or provide to us in some other manner, such as through using some of our Services.
- Private personally identifiable information. While we don't, at this time, ask for very many items that alone would be considered personally identifiable information, the information we collect may include items like your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Public preference information and content. When you create an account and join the App (becoming a "Member") you create a profile containing non-identifiable information, such as your "first date no-nos" and information about, for example, your height. You can also upload photographs of yourself to your profile. The Services also allow you to propose dates and share other information publicly. To the extent you provide any information in those sections of the Services, that information is entirely public, could be indexed by Internet search engines, and may be used by us for any purpose. As such, you should exercise caution when revealing information in public aspects of the Services.
- Demographic and usage information. We may collect and store demographic information, such as your gender, age, information about your interests and activities, and information related to your use of the Services, such as dates you have responded to and profiles you have viewed. This information is not personally identifiable by itself but may become so in combination with other information.
- Location information. To the extent you voluntarily opt to use any of our Services that that are based on the location of Members and which may report on those Members' current locations (the "Location-Based Services"), we may collect and store information about your location at the time you use those Location-Based Services. This information can come from a variety of sources depending on the client you use to access the Services; for example, a mobile phone may report its GPS location at the time the Location-Based Services are used.
Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties, including Partner, and add it to our account information or other information we have collected (for example, we may collect information about you from our Payment Processor in order to continue your account subscription). Examples of information that we may receive include updated address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
We may use third-party tools like AppMetrica that provide us some of your attribution data that we further utilize to customize and personalize your App experience. We may also use such data for statistical purposes and analytics.
Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address, and e-mail address. If you use the Services to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
Information collected using cookies and other technologies. We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on the Services.
- Technical identifiers: IP address (which may also provide general location information), User-agent, IDFA (Identifier for advertisers), Android ID (in Android devices), Google Advertiser ID, Customer-issued user ID and other similar unique technical identifiers.
- Your age group;
- Your subscription status;
- The fact of application launch.
We may allow third parties, including but not limited to our authorized service providers, advertising companies, corporate partners, and ad networks, to display advertisements through the Services. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information may allow them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
We may, however, share some information derived from your Member account, with Partner, so that Partner can deliver targeted content, including advertising, to you on Partner's websites and services. Where information we collect goes
We take reasonable steps in order to ensure compliance of such third parties with any applicable laws that might govern the processing of your Personal Data.
How we use the information we collect
Generally, we may use information that we collect about you to:
. facilitate and enhance your use of the Services;
. manage your account and provide you with customer support;
. perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, the App, Services, and content provided by us, or products, services and content offered by others;
. communicate with you by e-mail, mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
. develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests as reflected by your use of the Services;
. verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
. perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. As stated above, we do not currently collect financial information, as that information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities while using our Services.
Public information. Any information (i) you place in your Member profile, such as your username, any photographs you upload, and information under the "About Me" sections; (ii) about dates you propose; or (iii) otherwise posted by you to a public portion of the Services, is completely public. As such, by providing us with that information, you acknowledge that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy in it and that it may be used for any purpose. As noted above, you should exercise due care in revealing information through these public portions of the Services.
Other personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized agents and service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including e-mail address) with our authorized agents and service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include maintaining our servers, fulfilling subscription requests, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the functionality of the Services, providing payment fulfillment and reconciliation services, and supporting rewards programs, surveys, and other features. These agents and service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through the Services, we may share personal information with the businesses, such as Partner, with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, or rewards. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to the associated merchant, if any. We will always provide you with the opportunity not to share information with these businesses.
- Other Situations: We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agencies; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising through the Services and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell advertisers the number of visitors to the App and the most popular features people have accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
In the event of a merger, sale, or bankruptcy
In the event that we or any portion of the business represented by the Services, are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these or similar circumstances, to transfer or assign any or all of the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
After you stop using the App
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use some features of the Services. For example, such information may be required for you to register as a Member; participate in things like proposing dates and responding to date proposals; participate in our Rewards Program and other contests or promotions we may offer from time to time; ask questions; send messages to Members, or initiate other transactions on through the Services. If you are a Member, you can elect not to share any of your profile information publicly by visiting your Settings page and selecting to have your profile available only to users signed into the Services. This does not prevent us from sharing your information with third parties as specified above.
Further, to the extent we send commercial or promotional e-mails to Members, you will be able to opt-out of receiving those e-mails, either in your Settings or within the body of any such e-mail.
If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party. We may send you, as a Member, other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, as our ability to communicate with you in some instances is necessary for your use of the Services as a Member.
Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting-out of receipt of certain e-mail communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to be bound by confidentiality restrictions, such as consultants, may be permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use SSL encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using the Services. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure e-mail.
No rights of third parties
How to contact us